Sadhana in Scopello, Sicily
September 6 -13, 2014
Practice Prana Flow Yoga.
Enjoy cerulean water and gorgeous beaches.
Experience ancient temples, explore a medieval castle, and walk through Palermo.
Savor delicious food – and help prepare some too!
And along the way…
Engage your senses.
Practice awareness in everyday activities.
Deepen your experience of the present moment.
Join Kat for a transformative 7-day yoga retreat! “Sadhana” is a Sanskrit word derived from the root “sadh” which means to accomplish or succeed. This word is most often translated as “practice” and we can understand sadhana as any action whose worth comes from the attention and awareness offered to it, whatever the particular action might be. When we engage in sadhana, each action we perform becomes permeated with consciousness. Sadhana deepens our whole experience of the present moment – it expands our relationship to ourselves and to those who surround us. On this retreat, we will explore sadhana in its many aspects – both on and off the mat – through yoga practice, formal and informal meditation, mindful and exciting travel, and food preparation and enjoyment.
- A 2 hour enlivening daily morning yoga practice, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea that will include asana, pranayama, and meditation.
- A 30-60 minute calming, unwinding practice on evenings when we arrive early to the house.
- Seven nights in a villa located 300 meters from the Mediterranean Sea, including a private path that leads to the beach from the house.
- Transportation from Palermo to the house in Scopello and back. Transportation to all sites.
- Two meals a day, at the villa: Breakfast and either lunch or dinner, depending on group travel plans. Meals will be prepared as a community, ingredients will be provided.
- Meditations to help shift your daily life.
- Transportation to Palermo.
- Admissions to public parks and winery.
- Meals and snacks outside the house.
$1000 – Double
$1250 – Single
$500 Deposit to reserve your spot.
Email Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
|Saturday||Arrival – Welcome dinner and grounding evening practice.|
|Sunday||Enjoy Riserva dello Zingaro beach and surroundings.|
|Monday||Day trip to Segesta and Erice.|
|Tuesday||Enjoy the beach.|
|Wednesday||Day trip to Agrigento and Scala dei turchi.|
|Thursday||Optional day trip to Palermo|
|Friday||Enjoy the beach.|
|Saturday||Morning practice and departure.|
Email Kat at email@example.com if you are interested!!!
Note: These are all pictures taken on my last trip